Selling your home is not supposed to be a long and complicated process. Here at pretty Home Realty, we want you to learn how to sell your house for the highest price and know the process from start to finish.
Research the market
At Pretty Home Realty, our agents do lots of homework on what’s going on with the market in your neighborhood. On our website, prettyhm.com, we have tools that show the market trends and values for your area.
Hire a Professional Pretty Home Realtor
This is a very important step. You will need a trustworthy agent who you can discuss the details of your home with, and who you know can get you what you want out of your home. They will help you to set prices, market the home, make repairs, and then work through inspection and negotiating. The goal is to get to the closing, where you will have gotten the highest value possible for your home. Many people have noted what a good job Pretty Home Realtors have done. Check out our testimonials to see why they chose us.
Price your home to sell
The benefit of using a pretty home realtor is that you will be able to get the perfect price range for homes in your area. Our agents will run an in-depth analysis of homes that have sold and how long it’s taken them to sell. Your pretty home realtor will then let you know at what price range your home will do best. Getting the highest value for your home is our priority and we want to quickly get that value into your pocket.
When we price a home we consider a few factors. For instance, if the home is priced too low, you will miss out on the value that you have worked hard to build in the home. If the home is overpriced it will run the risk of sitting on the market for a very long time. Pretty Home Realtors are experts at finding the perfect range so that your home will sell quickly for a great value.
Preparing the home to sell
- If you know it’s broken repair it. Now is the time to fix the little things in the house like that leaky toilet or that light bulb that has been burned out. Homebuyers tend to notice a lot of things in a home and the best bet is to let them notice the beauty of the home by having it in pristine condition.
- Keep the home neat and clean. Do a nice deep cleaning on your house, the kind where you scrub the baseboards and vacuum all around the house. Make sure the landscape is looking nice, bushes are trimmed, and the lawn is mowed and raked. Also, it helps to pull the weeds. Buyers love curb appeal. “If your home looks loved, buyers will love it too”.- Shawn Calhoun
- Declutter your home. We want the home to look perfect, so take the clutter from around the house and store it, or donate it to charity. Now it’s also a great time to take care of some old clothes that you’ve been trying to donate also you can clean out the garage and tidy up the laundry room and basement
- Let the buyer see themselves in the home. It’s time to box up the family photos and the toys. The buyers will want to see themselves in the home, and they can’t do that if it feels like it’s not theirs. having your home as an open slate allows them to see their family enjoying beautiful memories just like yours did.
- Stage your home. so you’ve done all the other steps, and staging the home is very important. this allows the buyer to see the highlights of the home. At Pretty Home Realty, we have professional stagers ready when you are, or you can take a look at our staging guide. Staging is very important, especially in the pictures.
Market the home
Your Pretty Home Realtor will generate excitement about your house. Good thing you staged because we will be taking professional photos. Also, we may be able to create a video for buyers to look at as a virtual tour. We also will add in a for sale sign so that people who drive by can see that the home is for sale, and can view the home as prospective buyers. Pretty Home Realty has a multi-step program that allows for the marketing of your home to as many prospective buyers as possible. When combined with the accurate price this will ensure that your home is sold in very little time.
Inviting people to come and see the house is a very effective way to generate Buzz about the property. Pretty Home realtors send out flyers, put up signs around the neighborhood, and prepare prospective buyers for an open house. This is a celebration of your home that can end with multiple interested buyers. Multiple buyers could me multiple offers.
The buyer’s housing inspector will examine the house from top to bottom and will look to make sure that the home is structurally sound.
This is where the average agent stops. Our Pretty Home Realty agents are trained to get you the best Terms. We look for high earnest money deposits. we also call the buyer’s Lender to ensure that they are qualified to purchase your house. we also do a follow-up to ensure that the negotiation goes on smoothly. And in your favor
You have received offers and now you need to decide what to do with them.
- You can accept the offer as it is.
- reject the offer.
- reject the offer and counter it with an offer that you think is fair.
When offers are made, we are looking for a few key things: Highest price and best terms.
Closing day! This is the day we have been waiting for. this is where you hand over the keys and receive your check. Yay, you sold your house.
To get started with selling your home, Give us a call at (248) 905 -1402